Key Pointers on Asian Eyelid Surgery
I'm privileged to be named "Dr. G" by the Flushing residents who have kindly referred their friends & family to me for their eyelid procedures. There are differences when performing double eyelid surgery on Asian eyelids, and it is important to work with a doctor who understands.
Key Pointers on Asian Eyelid Surgery:
- Surgeon needs to have the expertise & experience in Asian eyelids since the anatomy is fundamentally different from Caucasians.
- Asian eyelids are more complex when it comes to surgery. Hence, more preoperative judgement is required, along with a thorough discussion of patient and doctor expectations.
- Maintaining an Asian appearance is instrumental in preserving a natural look.
- The decision of where to make a new lid crease is critical. Particular attention needs to be paid to the location of current lid crease (if any.)
- It is crucial to find a surgeon who has a track record of low rate of complications and the ability to handle complexity should it happen.
If you are considering double eyelid surgery, I invite you to contact my office for a free consultation. For residents in Queens, we offer complimentary car service on the day of surgery to and from the surgery center.